Gold Coast Battery FAQs
Battery Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What should I do if my battery is flat?
- Recharge your battery with a charger designed for your battery. Normal driving will not restore your battery sufficiently in a modern car because they use so much power in normal operation.
Q. How long should my car battery last?
- It depends on the type of battery, the climate where your vehicle is used, how often you use your vehicle and how well your battery is maintained. Reliable Batteries supplies only batteries that meet our stringent standards and all batteries come with a guarantee
Q. How many years does a marine battery last?
- Again, it depends on you making the right choice of battery and the quality of you charger. A good quality Deep Cycle battery that is properly maintained should last 3 to 5 years See More Here
Q. How do I choose the right battery for my car?
- Search for your car in our fitment guide here
Q. How much does a car battery cost?
- It depends on the make of car. Call Reliable Batteries on 07 5537 6208 for a no obligation quote
Q. Does Reliable Batteries only sell its own brand of car battery?
- No, reliable Batteries stocks the top Australian and international battery brands. We are the exclusive distributor of Bosch Batteries on the Gold Coast and stock many other famous brands as well.
Q. What is an AGM Battery?
- AGM batteries are a variation of a Lead Acid battery. An AGM battery is similar to a wet battery, except the electrolyte is being held in the glass matts, as opposed to freely flooding the plates and they are generally sealed to be maintenance free. AGM batteries can be confusing because different manufactures call them by different names. They can be know as “dry cell”, “sealed lead acid” and “non spillable” batteries.
Q. What is a Deep Cycle Battery?
- Deep Cycle batteries are most commonly used to run accessories as opposed to starting your car. They are designed to be discharged and recharged many times (many cycles) without it being detrimental to the batteries life. Deep Cycle batteries are rated in "amp hours".
Q. Can you recharge a marine battery?
To ensure peak performance and long life your Deep Cycle Marine/RV Batteries should be recharged as soon as possible after each use (preferably within 24 hours). See More Here
Q. What is CCA?
- CCA stands for "cold cranking amps" and is a measure of battery performance. The more power hungry your vehicles is the higher the CCA required from your battery.
Q. What is different about a marine battery?
- A marine battery tends to be discharged more fully than a car battery which is constantly being recharged. You should choose a Deep Cycle battery for your boat because it is designed for a higher level of use before being recharged. Click here for Marine Battery Maintenance tips
Q. Where do I go for Gold Coast Car Battery advice?
- Reliable Batteries is the most trusted Gold Coast car battery provider. They are at Unit 4 / 227a Brisbane Road, Biggera Waters and they also provide a roadside service